FIRST LADY DEBORAH A. RHODES, WOMEN'S DEPARTMENT President
Women’s Department mission:
- To inspire women to use God given gifts and talents to maximize the effectiveness of the units, bands and auxiliaries in the church; for their own spiritual well-being, for a personal sense of accomplishment, to experience the satisfaction and joy that comes from unselfish giving, for the spiritual, natural and financial well-being of the church and for the up building of the Kingdom of God.
- To provide an opportunity for women to learn and/or to better understand the purpose, the value and the results) of the work of Godly women in the home, in the church and in the community.
- To encourage healthy, stable, happy and enduring marital, home and family relations.
- To develop and implement innovative, Holy Ghost inspired, effective programs for the natural, spiritual, financial support and growth of the church.
- To equip women with the necessary spiritual and select natural tools essential for spiritual growth.
- To prepare women for effective, efficient supportive and leadership roles.
- To prepare women to meet the challenges of this complex age to the saving of their souls, the souls of their families and the souls of countless others.
- To teach women to recognize their divine destiny, according to the Word of God, and initiate and support activities that result in securing and retaining ones spiritual heritage.
- To cultivate among women relationships characterized by mutual respect, trust, confidence and a shared interest in the work of the Lord, in souls, in life development and in the welfare of people at large, especially those of the “Household of Faith.”
The goal toward which the Women's Department continues the good fight of faith is that we are vessels fit for the Master’s use, that we are instrumental in the daily addition to the church of “such as should be save,” and that we lay hold onto eternal life. The means by which we shall attain the goals identified in this Mission Statement are by embracing, in faith, with reverence and obedience, every Word of God which is our rule of faith and practice, and through the guiding, enabling, wonder working Power of the Holy Ghost. Our ultimate goal is to hear our Savior say, “Well done ….”