BISHOP SHELTON C. RHODES
In addition to the pastorate at Greater Zion Temple, Bishop Rhodes currently serves in the following capacities:
- Pastor of Greater Zion Temple Church of God in Christ, Temple, TX - SINCE 2003
- District Superintendent of Greater Temple District, 16 years
- Texas Southwest Jurisdictional Treasurer and executive staff, 18 years
- Jurisdictional Board of Trustee Chairman, 14 years
- Jurisdictional Scholarship Vice Chairman, 18 years
- Co-Chairman of Bishop S. E. Iglehart's 50 years in Ministry Commemoration 2012
- National Auxiliaries in Ministry Conference, served on various committees, Houston, TX
- National Leadership Conference, Dallas, TX, Finance Committee, 2014
- Administrative Assistant to the Honorable Bishop S. E. Igelhart, Prelate of Texas Southwest Jurisdiction, 3 1/2 years
- The first Nationally-approved Auxiliary Bishop candidate from the sitting Jurisdictional Bishop's recommendation, in the 60-year history of the Texas Southwest Jurisdiction.
He is a faithful servant to the Texas Southwest Church Of God In Christ under the leadership of Bishop Samuel E. Iglehart.
Bishop Shelton C. Rhodes is the eight of ten children, and graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Secondary-Level Education with a minor in agronomy from Tarleton State University, Stephenville, Texas, in 1984. He has been married to his lovely wife, Missionary Deborah Rhodes, for more than 28 years. They have one son, Travis, who is employed by the state of Texas. He and Missionary Rhodes resides in Temple, Tx. Bishop Rhodes is gifted in many areas and is a professional at all he does. He has been employed as a federal loan officer for 31 years. As a pastor, he is very caring, causing many to come to Christ through his preaching. Community is important to Bishop Rhodes, making him an active and exciting participant in his local community. He serves as a member of the Jail House Ministry; ministering and speaking with inmates at the County Correctional Facility. He served on the board of trustees for a community outreach food and shelter service, June 2003 through September 2011, and is currently a member of the Temple Chamber of Commerce.